The main weaknesses in Cannabis cultivation are:
1. The absence of uniform and improved Cannabis genetics, that have been developed and adapted for mass-scale cultivation; and
2. The growers’ reliance on plant cuttings instead of using stable and enhanced seeds.
These two key weaknesses above pose a major risk to the Cannabis industry as:
1. Growers are facing decreasing Cannabis prices as both demand and supply increases, while Cannabis growing costs (at best) remain unchanged; and
2. Cannabis users, both patients and recreational consumers, have only access to inconsistent products and do not enjoy the full benefit of Cannabis.
CanBreed’s proprietary technology offers a solution to both the growers and users of Cannabis:
1. YieldMax: CanBreed’s genetic-trait platform, YieldMax contains all of the agronomic traits growers need in their plants to ensure consistent, high-quality and low-cost production at significant scale. YieldMax is in all the seeds sold by CanBreed; and
2. F1 Hybrid Seeds: CanBreed’s seeds are unique, as they are 100% uniform, stable and identical, thus ensuring the standardization and high quality of Cannabis material that the industry needs (i.e., they are not the heterozygous and non-uniform seeds currently offered in the market).